You need to service your car regularly to maintain its optimal functioning capacity. Vehicle manufacturers and mechanics recommend you service your car every 12,000 miles or at least once a year, whichever comes first. However, many people miss their vehicle service and may start experiencing some problems.
What Happens If You Miss a Vehicle Service
You may be worried about what a delay in vehicle service will do to your vehicle. If you delay about 1000 miles on a 12,000-mile recommendation, you don't have much to worry about as it will not damage your engine.
Many problems will arise if you miss your vehicle service. Some of the complications may be quite costly. Here are some of the issues you can expect when you miss your vehicle service.
- Expensive replacements - if you do not service your vehicle, it will lead to extreme wear and tear to the parts. Vehicle spare parts are expensive, and you may have to dig deep into your pocket to get replacements. At some point, you may also need to get a new car which is also costly to finance.
- Increased safety risk- when you miss your vehicle service, it increases the risk of avoidable accidents. For instance, brakes are a vital component of your vehicle. If you do not go for regular service, the brake pads will wear out, and you will not be able to stop in an emergency. If you notice brake degradation, take your vehicle for service immediately.
- Poor fuel efficiency – when your vehicle is subjected to regular service, it functions optimally and consumes fuel efficiently. However, when you miss your vehicle's service, the efficiency of the vehicle's consumption is reduced, the vehicle consumes more fuel than needed, and you end up using more money on fuel.
- Clogged engine- if you miss your vehicle's service, your engine will accumulate dirt and moisture. This will clog up your engine and cause the vehicle's engine to fail. Regular vehicle service will clean and inhibit the build-up of dirt and keep the engine functioning optimally.
- Vehicle emissions- when you go without servicing your vehicle, there is additional wear and tear to the engine and the exhaust system. This will lead to increased carbon emissions from your vehicle and environmental pollution.
If you need vehicle maintenance, visit Inmon Automotive today! We shall be more than happy to help.